Saturday, June 20, 2009

A Busy Day Before the Break

Today was a busy day for the show. In the morning we had our media photo shoot. This involved a lot of dressing and undressing in a space with floor-to-ceiling windows and one security guard who popped in to investigate why 3 men were dressing and undressing in a space with floor-to-ceiling windows. Once Tess gets back from her trip and has some time to edit the photos we took, we'll post a couple here for all of you.

This afternoon Addition had its reading at Nextfest. Thanks to Steve Pirot, all the organizers, the cast, and everyone who came out to the readings, especially those of you who gave feedback on the show. The cast did a fantastic job and we received a lot of great feedback.

I'll be working hard in the next few days to incorporate what I can before our main rehearsals start on the 30th. We have a 65-minute slot at the Fringe and right now we're running at 60 minutes. I don't think I'll be able to incorporate all the feedback I'd like, simply because of time constraints, but there are some great ideas I'd like to do what I can with.

Also, I want to give a shout out to everyone involved with Edmund and Cadaver, the other two plays that read today. Great job to you all and break legs at the Fringe!

Right now the cast are on a bit of a break until the main rehearsals begin. Tess, Amanda, and I will be working on script changes, unit breakdowns, rehearsal scheduling, media kits, photo editing, poster design, ads, and all that other fun stuff in the next little while. Not much of a break for us, but it'll be a great time working on all those things.

Welcome again to anyone new who may be following us here, through our Facebook group, or both! Continue to stay tuned for more updates and behind-the-scenes looks at Addition!

Justen Bennett
Director/Playwright

1 comment:

  1. This involved a lot of dressing and undressing in a space with floor-to-ceiling windows and one security guard who popped in to investigate why 3 men were dressing and undressing in a space with floor-to-ceiling windows.

    This line made me giggle.

    I wish I could've been there (the photoshoot, as well as the reading), but look forward to all the fun work leading up to the Fringe!

    ReplyDelete